Monday, March 14, 2011

sick...2011

MaryAlice in what she called the "baby- sitter"
(a large round tupperware)
Belle didn't want her pic taken
This has been the first time MaryAlice had a bad bug and ended up on antibiotics.  She's had stomach bugs before and a bit of a cold, but nothing like this.  All three girls are on antibiotics and sick.  They originally had the same virus, but it developed into different stuff in each of them.  Abby with her weak lungs got pneumonia which was scary for her to be so sick.  She's just not very strong and stuff like that is so scary.  That was Monday when we took her in.  By Wednesday it was time to take Belle in and she had a sinus infection.  She was out of school the entire week and I thought twice about sending her today, so she went in late so she didn't over do it.  Friday was MaryAlice's turn.  On Thursday her fever went up and she was so pathetic!  She's been such a strong trooper in the past that I thought she do this lying down and be fine, but the cold was a new one and she's been a bear.  She's been attached to Mommy... anymore than usual means she was connected to me at all times.  She would burst into tears if I left the room let alone put her down.  She just kept saying, "Mommy, I sick.  I don't feel dood (good)..." until we saw the doctor.  When he came in the room and asked how she was she said, "I dood."  He laughed and said, "That's why you're here because you're feeling so good?"  She's not used to the doctor because she never goes there, so I wondered how she would do, but we actually got to see her doctor and he's amazing.  The funny part of the appointment was when he wanted to look in her ears, but she wasn't so keen.  He said he was checking for frogs.  Her reaction to that was priceless!  "I don't have frogs in my ears," she stated rather calmly.  He wanted to check anyway and found out why she didn't want him in her ears...red and swollen.  We've never really had any ear problems around here, so it's kind of off my radar.  I guess she's kind of a toughy because she wasn't having trouble sleeping or really complaining about it all that much.  After a week of this mess, I've got a bug but it doesn't seem to bad yet.  I've had an infection myself while caring for them, so it's been a straining week.  It's been nice having Andy here to help.  A brighter side of unemployment.  Ethel has also been here some which has been a blessing. 

Abby getting some love from Miss Ethel...
Cuddly Abby is the one benefit to sick Abby

sick girlfriends

No comments:

Post a Comment