Thursday, April 5, 2012

What she's saying this month

I subbed a couple days at the girls school and she got to go to preschool!


At 3... 4 in a couple of months MaryAlice says the funniest things!  Here are a few gems...
she likes to help out.  when I ask she says, "SURE"
  • For Easter Belle asked for a new dress instead of a candy basket, and being a mom who doesn't like to push candy I thought it was a good idea.  In the car today MaryAlice decided what she wanted... "A stepmother dress"  Whatever in the world that is, I have no idea; but since all the princesses have stepmothers, she wanted to be able to play that part as well when they dress up.  Her cousin Selah is a new princess every day, so it is fitting that my funny girl wants to be the stepmother!
  • MA went with Grandma Mary to her great, great uncle Don's funeral last weekend.  She asked Grandma why Uncle Don was in a treasure box.  Later on she said, "Uncle Don sure is sleepy," and asked to see him again.  When she got close she told Grandma that she should sing to him, and proceeded to make up a song for him about Little Bo Peep because "That is in the Bible, you know."
  • After letting Belle go home with her cousin today, MA was very distraught that her sister wasn't with us.  She said, "I need my whole family... Abby, Belle, Daddy, Mommy & Ms Danielle!" 
  • We're trying to get MA to wipe herself.  She really wants no part of it.  She yelled for me to come wipe her, and I tried some tough love with you are big enough to do it yourself and didn't go.  After a few minutes she aggrevatedly replied, "I went poop and I cannot wipe myself.  I will get poop on my hands and I won't wash them!"
  • We had our first beautiful spring day and we spent most of the day outside.  MA was hysterically crying because I wouldn't let her step in all the animal poop!!!!
  • MA has imaginay friends that come and go, usually with made up names; therefore we hear their names once usually and never hear of them again.  The one friend that has reappeared from time to time, but has definitely stayed... "Poolish"  Just like all the name suggests, Pooplish, poops on everything all the time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment