Thursday, August 26, 2010

Aiya mow the lawn with Mama

Abby used to be the one who mowed with me, but when I tried to hold her on my lap I realized she had outgrown it.  I was a bit down for awhile, but came around when I realized it was your turn to try.  Belle never really liked it much.  She's such a physical touch kid right now that I thought it would be a homerun, but I think lawn mowing is yours now. 

Half way through today you were soooo ready for a nap as your eyelids drooped, but instead of falling asleep you kept repositioning yourself.  Everytime you changed positions you looked up at me and smiled a so content smile.  You've had a few cranky days lately, but you always seem to brighten my day.  You've declared your "Mama's girl" status from the start.  Daddy has let you stay there as Belle is attached to him whenever he is home, so he thought I needed an apendage too.  He thinks you'll go over in time!  I think you girls take turns favoring one of us at a time, but I'll let daddy think he's the one in charge!

We like to play an "I love you" game.  With Belle we call for her or get her attention somehow and the first person to say, "I love you" wins.  You haven't quite gotten into that one yet other than calling our names and saying "I love you,"  It's cute, but you and I have taken to going back and forth with, "No, I love you."  It's so sweet to hear you compete to say I love you that it melts me.  "I love you, mommy" is frequent music to my ears.  You are very particular about mom being the one to care for you if I'm within sight. 

Your newest put off is, "Maybe later."  For some reason you have not been a child to be distracted once you set your mind, but you are okay  with, "Maybe later."  You also are okay to put anything off if I say maybe tomorrow.  You say, "Maybe morrow."  You  talk nonstop.  You ask a question and answer it all in the same breath.  For example, "Mommy, want to go outside? Yes!"  You're a bit moody, but when you're in a good mood you are sooo agreeable.  We just had you're two year old pictures made and you answered, "Yah"  to anything they suggested.  I think they photographed you for over and hour and a half. 

You are absolutely in love with "Dama" (grandma) too.  You stayed with grandma right around a year and you were attached.  You remind everyone of your cousin Kate with your talking and personality.  Daddy and I are convinced you are a carbon copy of him, which explains why I enjoy you so much.  Belle is just like me, so obviously I like her a ton too!  You two are a match made in Heaven!!!  You love her, but already make her cry.  She's so soft and you're quite rough.  You're not afraid to get dirty and are not phased by Abby's aggression toward you.  She grabs your hair and you say, "Abby, be nice to Aiya; no pull Aiya's hair; Love Aiya." 

This is going to be fun writing about you!  What a perfect gift you are!
Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment