Friday, September 24, 2010

grocery store daycare


look at that face!
 What do you think of the grocery store daycare centers for shoppers, of course?  Think about your answer for a minute because your answer will forever define you as a parent!!!

(...sorry for the interruption, but it happens around here)
"Do you have to go potty?" I know it's only been a few minutes, but I'm like a stinking broken record over here...
"Do you need to go potty?"
"Get treat...??"
"go big potty, get treat?"
"Are you sure you don't have to go?"
"You need to go big poops?"
"Get two treats? (poop is a weighted accomplishment here)"

I know you want to visit...  this mantra is exhilirating! 
I do have a college degree!
I'M A BIG DEAL!
I'M A BIG DEAL!

"Here blow your nose with a wipe," I say because I don't want to move from my perch on the couch today.  Yes, she has my cold, and no, I'm not feeling very good today.  There will be more play-by-play as the day continues!

Back to the grocery daycare play area.  I gave you some time to process.  If you've carefully formulated your opinion than you can proceed to my opinion (as of a few days ago since my opinion depends on the day... and of course my mood):

They are a gift from the design brilliance of a talented MOM! 
OK close your eyes for a minute and picture this mommy utopia...

shopping alone without someone screaming for every item in the store that either you don't want her to have, or better yet something like SPAM that you know she won't even like!  She gets to run around and get out her energy instead of being strapped into a cart where she is like a ticking time bomb for the ride home of pure joy.  NO!  this wonderful room is full of fun and it is highly... educational, right?  She GETS to learn to play with other kids... sure, I'll hang on to that it's good for her,.  It's about her- not me! 

I'm a better mom when I can process through meals for the week in a logical manner rather than running like a crazy woman who won a two minute shopping spree throwing anything within reach into my cart hoping it will come together in the form of a healthy meal?!?!!  Yes, now that's crazy.  Those play areas are sanity savers.  They should rename them.  I'll send them (the grocery store gurus) the memo (I'M A BIG DEAL).

For your reading enjoyment I'll post my thoughts from 10 years ago (as well as my opinion on a good mommy day) when I pushed around "Baby Jesus" (that's what we called Abby because she was the best baby... ever.  She rarely fussed... she lacked the energy or ability we know now, but even so she was good- that's the point here)....

"What kind of mom needs to put her kid in a cage while she shops? 
You can't keep the kid with you for the fifteeen minutes it takes to get through the store (that was only me with 'Baby Jesus', remember?)
Can you imagine all the germs in there?  Despicable to even think of exposing one's kid to that place!
It's from the depths of hell created by a terrible mom who hates her kids!
What kind of sick person probably works there?  It's got to be a pedophile at best!
I would never put my child at risk in such a place!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment