Wednesday, September 22, 2010

put shoes on...

"Did you put your shoes on by yourself?" I said as I switched the focus from potty training to anything else we CAN do.  I know what you're thinking... Impressive move, right? 

I'm a big deal in case you missed the memo  (I like to write it often in case I forget)

"Let's count," I say.  "No 1-2-3, Mommy,"  she says in a oh-so-normal-not-to-count voice.

"Let's say our ABC's," I say back in my own we-do-this-all-the-time voice. 
To which she responds, "No say ABC's Mommy."

Sooo... learning isn't her thing.  Is that okay?  Maybe for now.  Maybe for a two year old. 

Unique is the word I have today.  Entertaining and unique she is!  I don't know how I get anything done around here because she is a ball of laughs most of the time.

As she finished her SECOND bowl, yes her second bowl of cereal this morning she says, "I don't like cereal and milk (keep in mind she didn't want oatmeal, but requested cereal).  I spit it out."  Oh, Yes!  She was spittin it... around!

Yesterday we were on our way out of the house to meet "friends" I told her because I know she likes to play with the friends and this gets her moving.  She says, "Go see my friend Mara...and the other Mara?" 

They're twins... and they aren't both Mara (for those of you who are a bit slower).  I wonder what she thinks about two of someone...

(shuffle... shuffle... bang!)  the toilet seat is being banged... "Do you need to go potty?"  I call sort of half heartedly from the couch since I'm pretty sure she's just announcing that she's wet rather than she has to go.

"Yes!" she says.  I go in there and to my surprise she's dry.  I set her up there... and she goes!  I'd like to celebrate, but don't want to overexcite myself!!!  You see, I was sick Friday through Sunday (Like in the hospital sick... pathetic, but reality), so diapers were put back on and all my work is gone... diminished.  I'm totally not being over daramatic, right? 

I'm a stay-at-home mom and besides eating bon-bons, I potty train...

I'M A BIG DEAL
I'M A BIG DEAL
I'M A BIG DEAL

No comments:

Post a Comment