Friday, September 10, 2010

Potty Training: day 4

this ain't your average kid! 
This is now our potty training week!  I'm praying it clicks soon.  She wet two pair of underwear yesterday, yet we still left the house for my sanity.  I planned to hunker down for two or three days, but all week?  Come on!!!  I wanted to watch a JV soccer game between Hermantown and Cloquet because we knew girls playing on both teams!  It was a bit cold, but fun.   We broke out the diaper rather than having to clean up panties out in public.  I wondered what we would do if she told me she needed to go and there was no place available.  It's not like she can hold it.  We should've waited another month where everything we do is indoors, but then again an accident wets through so much more when there are layers involved. 

It's off my radar to take so long.  I've always known that Belle spoils me because she's so responsible, but this is down right funny!  She may be taking awhile, but it's an adventure!  I'm planning to hit it today and tomorrow and then we'll head back to casual training if needed.  That's the plan today, but who knows what will happen next week.

"Do you need to go potty," I asked. "No need to go big potty.  No want M & Ms,"  she says.  Yesterday she'd hop on the toilet with the mere suggestion of a treat.  Today she doesn't want one.  New treats?  11:30 and she's still dry, so maybe she really doesn't have to go.  I'm headed upstairs to the carpeted area.  One can only spend so much time downstairs.  I have plenty to do in both places, but my agenda was my room, so here it goes. I may be scrubbing my carpets next!!!!

After her nap she got up and said, "I don't need to go big potty"  then she proceeded to go on the floor.  Got new panties and now has gone on the toilet three times.  I'm ready to hang it up for the evening... we'll see how ambitious we are.  I'm thinking to let her go until she wets and then put on a diaper for bed.

Will she make it to bedtime? 

No comments:

Post a Comment